There are many different forms of Indian folk & classical music Kalpana has conceptualised a number of concerts based on specific themes to spread the perfumes of these different music forms. These concept based concerts includes:
- Thumri, Tappa, Tarana
This is a programme based on some light classical music forms with commentary on the origin & development of these forms and has an interesting mix of traditional & modern compositions.
- ‘Raag Ek – Roop Anek’
A combination of classical, light classical and light music composition in certain Classical Raagas.
A combination of light classical composition based on different music forms like Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Kajari, Chaiti, Jhula, Hori etc.
- ‘Aayo Rang Faag’
This is a presentation of compositions, in classical and light classical forms traditionally sung in the spring season.
- The Music of Maharashtra
A garland of composition, in ‘Marathi’ language like Natya Sangeet, Bhavgeet, Bhajan and Abhang etc sung in Maharashtra, in the western India.
- Devotional Bhajans
Purely devotional songs of Meera, Kabir, Surdas and Tulsidas.
Kalpana has performed in several other thematic concerts :
- Swarabhishek – Compositions of Pt. Jitendra Abhisheki with Shri Shounak Abhisheki
- Swar Sanjeevani – A concert of Marathi Natya Sangeet with Shri Anand Bhate
- Natya Geet Rajani – Marathi Natya Sangeet conert with Dr. Ram Deshpande
- Abhang Rang – Devotional compositions with Shri Jayteerth Mevundi
- A tribute to Rasikraaj Ramubhaiya Date – A concert of light music with Shri Arun Date